Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Still Life w/ Kumquats"


Oil 5.25"x 12.75"

How is everyone today? I just got back from San Antonio yesterday, Spring is in full gear down there. My aunt, Sr. Bridget, yes she is a nun, is 91, and lives there. Sr. Bridget has been one of the most influential people in my life. She left Ireland at age 15 to become a nun, she is kind, sharp witted, has a great sense of humor and is the wisest person I know. We had a lovely visit. I visited the Greenhouse Gallery while I was there, wow, What a great gallery! 12,000 square feet with some of my favorite artists, Walt Gonske, Sherrie McGraw, David Leffel and Daniel Keys. Daniel is a young artist with huge talent, he is a still life artist and is in this months Art of the West magazine. The gallery is getting ready for the Salon International Show next week, over 300 paintings were juried in.

No comments: