Monday, February 9, 2009

Reflecting

" Portrait of Sarah"
16"x13"

The opening reception for my solo exhibit was yesterday. I dreamed of what it would be like for a year and a half. It was more than I imagined, the people of my community came out in style. The response was overwhelming, I was so moved by everyones kindness and support. I met so many new people, not that I can remember their names, (nerves), and all of my artist friends were there to cheer me on. The crowd was big and they kept coming, I guess everyone likes a party, and that's what it felt like, good friends, good food, and art that we could all relate to. Well today I am exhausted, I don't think I realized how much stress I was under because I loved every part of it, it didn't seem stressful. I am not in the studio today, my house is calling for attention, it has been ignored for too long. I figured if the boys had clean cloths and hot meals the rest could wait for a while, and they did their part in picking up the slack around here. Besides I think I have empty nest syndrome, my studio is empty, I liked being surrounded by all the paintings and frames for so long it seems a bit hollow up there.

No comments: