Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Honeymoon's Over

I knew it would happen, and it has, what do I do now? I have worked on the exhibit for 18 months and now all the anticipation and planning are over, (sort of like planning a wedding). Even though I knew it would happen I thought I could head it off, wrong, I am feeling a bit lost. I wonder around my now empty studio feeling like an emptynester, my babies are gone, where to begin now. I have a few ideas rattling around in my head but nothing is jelling yet. I would like to do some large landscapes and also some nudes, although finding models could be a problem in my small town. It will come in time I hope. On a sad note, the Talisman Gallery in Bartlesville, OK will be closing its doors after 40 plus years in business. It was my first gallery and it has been a great experience. For those of you who don't know The Talisman, it is owned and operated by Jody Kirberger a larger than life personality whose generosity is unmatched. Many of todays great artists got their start here in Oklahoma with Jodi. Richard Schmid, Scott Burdick, Nancy Guzik, Dan Gerhartz just to name a few. The gallery has been a landmark in Bartlesville and it will be dearly missed by artists as well as patrons. Thanks Jodi for 10 great years!

No comments: