Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"A Day of Art, Friends and Fun"

I had so much fun last Saturday in my studio. A group of 8 painters and one model joined together for a day of painting and drawing the human form. Our lovely model was brave, as temperatures hovered around 18 degrees and snow flurries flew, she held her poses and didn't complain, even when one of us just had to go outside and let an icy breeze sweep in. We worked from 10am until 4pm. and I was tired by the end but exhilarated as well. It is a privilege to be in the company of like-minded friends striving toward the same goals. What hard work, so many decisions to be made, so many measurements to be taken. I hope we can do this again soon. Below is the start of a painting I did today based on the studies from Saturday. I'll keep you posted with the progress.

No comments: