Sunday, February 28, 2010

Workshop Announcement


"Ruby Red and Pansies" 11"x11"

Hello Everybody, sorry for not posting recently. I have been working on some nudes and it occurred to me that this subject matter may be objectionable to some of my viewers, so I haven't written. What's your opinion on this? Hey, I am going to give a two day workshop toward the end of June, hopefully a Saturday, Sunday at the Water Street Art Gallery in Sapulpa, OK. It will focus on still life in oil, and I've got some fun ideas for us. If you think you might be interested let me know and I'll put you on a list for further info, or just stay tuned here and more will come. Are you ready for Spring? I am, but I can't complain, my mom in NY had 3 feet of snow last week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What's my opinion? STUNNING. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I'm not usually wild about a lot of elements in a still life - but this one works superbly. I especially love your "crisply" defined plane of the top of the grapefruit.

DALSING said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!

Carolina Elizabeth said...

The weather guy is projecting 65 degree weather for next weekend. Oh, it finally starting to sound like Spring. My girls have been visiting museums since they were little and have seen nudes in museums of many mediums. I have also painted some that they have seen. But I do not post them, because I do not want to "offend" anyone. I don't think it's a matter of what is right or wrong, rather what is business smart.

AnnG said...

Hi Anne,
I really enjoy your paintings - this still life is really nice, great composition! With regard to figure drawings/paintings, I do life drawings twice a week from models and really enjoy it and have been doing this since college. I'd love to post some of it on my blog, but am wary of blogger flagging my blog with a warning message, as I've seen them do with other figure artists. I know FB also censors a lot nude figure work as well.

Raw Abandon said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and good advise. Anne